Friday, May 7, 2010

Alright here we go!

Well the last few months have been completely psycho.  Decisions have been made, vacations have been taken and planned,  people close to me have passed away, and I have come to the realization that one day I'm going to have to move out of my brother's house and have my own house or apartment, probably an apartment, that I will have to clean and pay for and decorate...I'm only really looking forward to the decoration part...but hopefully this day will not be for a while.
Lets discuss the whole "Decisions have been made" bit.  During the summer all three of my current jobs will be on hiatus.  School will be on summer vacation so there goes 2 of my jobs and Mrs. C's is pretty slow so I don't go back to work there til the holidays at the end of the year.  Here is the decision I have made; we all know that for years and years I have fought relentlessly (kind of) with my close friend Ethel (aka my gut) so I have made the not so hard decision to do something drastic.  No I'm not talking about surgery...heaven's no...I'm a chicken....and I really don't think it will help.  What I am talking about is attending my own Biggest Loser fat camp.  Camp Putdownadaforka! I will be moving to Shelter Cove, California to live with my Uncle Dennis and Aunt Diane...if anyone wants to lose weight these are the people to go to.  I will be living with them for 3 months starting the week after the 4th of July and whilst there I will do my best to break off this relationship with my stomach.  My Aunt Diane informed me that there is NOTHING to do in this town...its a small fisherman village...so what else would I have to do besides exercise and do my online schooling?  It will be interesting.  I just think how often will I have this opportunity to have so much time off from work and to have the resources (thank you financial aide)?  So, I'm a little anxious to get out there.  I only have 2 months to wait then its off to the coast to bask in the sun and sweat my guts out.  All is well, my aunt and uncle live close to a fire station...we all know how I love the firemen!!!
Vacations have been taken and been planned that is for sure!  I was able to fly out to Indiana to visit my sister Stef and her family before they fly off to yet another state besides Utah.  Indianapolis is a pretty cool city.  We went and saw John Dillinger's grave and stole money from him (if you know who this guy is its pretty funny when you think about it) we also went to the art museum which I LOVED!!! I tried sushi for the first time and I never thought I would like it as much as I did...I was amazed that something that is not cooked could be so delicious.  Stef took me around the city looking for Peyton Manning's house to no avail. Sad day.  I'll post some pictures of our adventures.  The best part of course was being able to hang out with my niece Indy and nephew Trace.   I am so lucky to have the cutest nieces and nephews ever and unlike every other child in my life I don't have to worry about spoiling them and getting after them.  I love them, every last one of them!  I'm looking forward to the rest of the years vacations!  Of course the family trip to Lake Powell.  I can just feel the scorching sun burn right now...and I never tan...ever...white, red, white, red, white, red.  Never any brownness.  San Fransisco!!! I can't wait to see Camille in all her prego-ness!  Long drive out there for 4 days of complete fun and WICKED!!!  I can't wait to go see Wicked!  I hear its awesome!  I'm going with the funnest people...again thank you financial aide!!! More Lake Powell after I get home from fat camp in October, this time its the adult trip meaning more irresponsibility and this time not all of it is coming from me!  Now I have my uncles and Brent to influence me!!  After LP, I'm hopping on a plane for my first ever flight across the ocean...alone??????!!!!!  What am I thinking????  I'm already a little antsy when it comes to flying...now why am I doing it on my own?  and across an OCEAN???  I saw Castaway...and Lost...but I also saw Swiss Family Robinson and am confident in my bamboo carpentry...that is if we actually land on an uninhabited island but what are the chances of that??? Now between all of these adventures I am clearing a weekend to spend in St. George to enlist the help of my dear, sweet, crazy sister to make me over...maybe no one will recognize me after.  I made a trip out to Wendover!  I picked up Amos at (what seemed to be ) the butt crack of dawn and we made the short but boring drive out to the stateline to play in the desert!  My friend Dave had an off road race and totally kicked some trash and took some names!!!  I as well did when I sat down to play a good game of Tigeress on the penny machines.  Who knew that putting in four 1 dollar bills would be so beneficial...I can now understand why people get addicted to gambling... I turned quite the profit...$431 worth of profit...it was a good day!  Not to mention playing out on the salt flats with Amos and getting stuck in the mud!  I was a good day! 
Yes, sadly people close to me have passed away.  Last week my Aunt Warda (Wanda) passed away.  I miss her so much but was fortunate enough to talk to her a week before.  Warda was somebody I never thought was going to pass away...I thought she would always be with us for some reason...I have now learned not to take people for granted.  I don't think Warda knew just how many people loved her!  I am so thankful for her and everything that she has done for me and my brothers and sisters and cousins!!! We were all so lucky to have "Yellow Hands"!!!
As for my revelation related to my living situation...the time will soon come when my mooching will come to an end.  I promise I don't mean to mooch...I pay rent so its not really mooching...but I have it really good!  Anyways so here I am thinking "Well crap, one day I'm going to have my own house so therefore I'm going to have my own stuff...like furniture and stuff..." so again I have resorted to mooching asking Mel and Steph if they ever want to get rid of their dining room tables (I doubt it they are totally cute) that I will buy it from them!!!  Geez, it will never end!  So I am still on the long road to growing up...I have a feeling I never will...



4 comments:

  1. OOOOoooh! I loved Wicked too!! It's a beauty and a treasure. I see that, you too, have such LOVE for Jack Lemon and Tony Curtis in SOME LIKE IT HOT!!! I am soooo happy about this, I didn't think anyone knew the magic of this movie!! Yay! I love your blog! Where did you travel, in your first flight over the ocean?? P.S. I will admit, I am new to blogging, and I am secretly obsessed...which could be a bad thing...so if I comment alot, you'll know where my madness comes from! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for a blog! i can't wait to read your stuff!! and i can't wait to have you guys down here in JUNE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up lady! I love the pic with Audrey in it too! I hope you love Cali, it will be totally worth it. And, I have a thought to hang on your wall while you are there..."Nothing tastes as good as it feels to be thin." Although, I don't live up to it like I should...it's really true! A good friend of my mom's (who always looked AMAZING) lived by that motto. You are awesome and us Crumps love you no matter where you are or what you look like! We hope to see you on some of your fun adventures (cause that means we'll be there having fun with you)! P.S. Growing up is way overrated!

    ReplyDelete