Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Serious Reflection...doesn't happen too often...

Am I like any other 25 year old girl?   I really don't think so.  When I think of other girls my age I think of someone who is married with at least one kid or someone who is finished with school and has started their newly acquired life full of freedom and responsibility.  That all is not me...yeah I am going to school and have something I am working towards and  I have freedom I know that. I don't really have to answer to anyone except when the rent check is due. Sometimes I just feel like this old spinster but I like not having someone that I have to ask for permission to go out and stay out.  I like being able to do whatever I want and not having to worry about tickin' anyone off.  I think I am way too immature and selfish to get married right now (I know you won't disagree) and honestly I have never met any guy that I have wanted to progress with...I thought so one time but obviously that didn't work out... (this is where I get deep)but I always imagined that deciding on wanting to get married meant that I was just in love and that it but I am wrong... I have decided that the person I want to end up with should be one with whom I improve with and who also wants to improve (Sounds like a bad chick flick speech).  Is it bad that I have never felt that for somebody?  I said "I love you" to one guy ( after he said it to me) and well....he's better off where he is now (no idea where he is now, thankfully not lying in bed next to me)...this post has become very revealing...sorry guys...this is full of random thoughts that have been running through my mind all day (they had plenty of jogging space).  I saw this girl at Walmart this morning with her husband and she could not have been over 18 but she was a very immature 18...she was so excited to see a picture of the Jonas Brothers.  I was amazed she seemed like such a little girl.  Anyways, yeah I came to the conclusion that I am an old spinster...I am feeling more and more like Bridget Jones everyday ( everytime I think about her I think about singing out loud "All By Myself" while playing the air drums)...not a bad thing I suppose but there has been a serious overdose of reflection for one day and so I decided to write about my thoughts.  ANYWAYS,  I have also decided that if I write down my goals for 2010 that I will have to be held accountable for them so here we go...
1. I will not date or get highly interested in any man until June when I have had sufficient time to get shiz done.  What shiz you ask?  well for one get another semester of school finished, pay off this ginormous amount of debt (Ginormous to me maybe not you...but I don't make a whole ton of money) I have created this HUGE hole in which I keep getting deeper and deeper and it gets more and more frustrating so who needs the craziness that dating brings to inhibit that goal??? I have pledged to stay away from pervs, alcoholics, druggies, narcissists, egomaniacs, and arrogant jerks (the last three are kind of redundant). I think that goal will be accomplished pretty fast seeing as how my entire life has become a blur of children, chalkboards, and chocolate ( in other words work work work).  Within this 6 months I will also eliminate a LOT of stressful factors of my life including stressful people, stressful situations, and my weight problem which brings me to goal number 2.
2. I have made this a resolution time and time again but now a days I think it has become a trend to break new years resolutions so I have changed the word resolution to "Life Saver".  So my 2010 Life Saver has been to lose X amount of pounds ( peshaw I ain't telling you how much) so that I may live a healthier life and fit into some acceptable clothing, I can only run around in my zebra print snuggie and Bemidji sweats for so long...no wonder I can't get a man.  To accomplish this I have decided to make use of my Gold's Gym membership (I purchased this membership while I lived in St. George just so I could go hang out with this hot guy that worked there... I know pathetic...that is why I made goal number 1) which includes as many gym sessions as I can attend during the week...with my children/chalkboard/chocolate life this number has been greatly reduced from about 5 times a week to 2 or 3 times a week so that kind of sucks but I make do.  I have lost 8 pounds this month so far which isn't much but it is a start...wait til next months numbers, they will be AWESOME.  So if anyone wants to jump on the bandwagon with me...please join i love gym buddies! 
Life is nuts right now and I need to get started on my research paper on the best way to address childhood obesity in the U.S.(who better to write about this topic right??)  Wish me luck... I will be amazed if you read this entire post.  Props to you if you did, lets do lunch.

5 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha, I love this post. It's so random! And just so you know the Bridget Jones series is like my all time FAVORITE books (and movies) EVER! And yes, i love the part of her doing the air drums!!! THE BESSSSSST! I swear those books make me laugh SO HARD.

    I was 29 (yes 29) when my old arse got married--if that makes ya feel any better. Everyone my age has kids in HIGH SCHOOL already! LOL. That's utah for you. I feel like I'm playin' a mean game of catch up :)

    Cool about the gym. I wish! I tried the gym thing when I first moved here and it is just TOO FAR from H-town for me to make it work. I'd scream and swear everytime I had to go...UGH. Too much time packing stuff and then having to shower there before work, etc. UGH HATED IT. And the "tiny gym" they have out in Eden is like $80 too much a month. they are NUTS!!! So forget that. But maybe one day you can convince me and I would be your gym buddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amiee...come be my gym buddy! is that enough convincing??? I love your blog by the way! You are AWESOME...we should have a chef night and make all our specialties...ok your specialties...i don't have any. I can microwave burritos. Lynn Wilson has it going on, she knows what she's doing with those burritos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mo! You are awesome! P.S. you are no old spinster.....you are always the life of every party, even if there is no party! Have a happy day! -Sky

    ReplyDelete