Friday, July 30, 2010

Glimpse 2: Moey Goes Bananas

I was thinking about sequel titles to name the sequel to my "Glimpse" post and for some reason "Glimpse 2: Pig in the City" didn't set well with me so I decided to go with the Love Bug.  Sorry Baby, Herbie wins again.
I decided to do a Part 2 because after part 1 I really wanted to find out more about myself and see what else I could come up with.  This is just as much for you as it is for me.  I think it wise for you to do it too, you'd be amazed at how many things you find out about yourself or you remember about yourself.  Remember, you asked for it when you came to my blog!!! So, if you are ready, read ahead to find out more about me!
  • My usual at taco bell WAS: 2 bean burritos with green sauce and sour cream, doused with Fire sauce.  I say WAS because they no longer make green sauce.  It totally blows and throws off my entire day. 
  • I love floating on the lake in a tube.  When the waves come we will all scream at the top of our lungs "WAVE!".  When I do that on the shoreline here in California everyone looks at me like I"m a freak...of course there are waves...ITS THE OCEAN!
  • I love wearing high heels.  I usually don't wear them because I am already tall enough.  I should just wear them and not care right?
  • I have to hug something when I am falling asleep at night.  Add this to my other annoying habits such as: Wiggling one foot, listening to music,and the need for a fan going to prevent "Stale Air", my poor future husband is S.O.L...except for the hugging part, that is in his favor.
  • My favorite food is salsa.  Fresh, chunky, spicy salsa. MMmmmmmm....Salsa (insert Homer Simpson drooling sound).
  • I love taking pictures of people when they don't know I am!  That is how this one came about.

  • I have an unhealthy obsession with MarioKart.  This is one of the only times I will get competitive!
  • I could eat dill pickles all day long.
  • I have broken a finger and 5 toes yet never have gone to the hospital unless its to visit someone.
  • I learned the hard way not to hike in Chuck Taylors.
  • My favorite ice cream is Play Dough from Farr's.
  • I ran away from home when I was 9.  I went to my Grandma Gaile's house and she gave me oatmeal raisin cookies.
  • I swear too much.
  • My favorite date was when we bought a can of baked beans and went up to the track at Weber State, sat on the bleachers, and read The National Enquirer.  I don't remember who I was with  and to answer your question, yes we made out!
  • I love to create awkward moments. For example, when someone stares at my chest I'll totally call them out.  I love it!
  • I am constantly amazed at the talent of David Gilmour.  Its incredible to me that somebody could take a guitar and create this beautiful music that is so mind-blowing and perfect.  I want to learn to play the guitar because of him.
  • I love feta even though it smells funky.
  • I am in the process of putting together a Kick A** Halloween book and a Kick A** Christmas book.
  • I once brought home a kitten and named him Trash.  My dad was under the impression that he just showed up.  I also did the same thing with a puppy, I named him Chubbs, I brought him home while my parents were on a cruise.  My dad knew I brought him home...this didn't bode well for me.
  • I make fun of my sister because she lettered in math.  I didn't letter in anything...who should really be the one being teased?
  • Another one of my favorite movies is Bridget Jones' Diary.  She reminds me of me minus the handsome Mark Darcy wanting her.  But yes her ongoing struggle with choosing the wrong men and overcoming her bad habits is TOTALLY me.

  • I have over 300 items on my wish list on Amazon.com
  • Whenever my dad calls me "Baby Girl" I get a little ferklempt
  • I think John Wayne is sexy, and Tommy Lee Jones...and James Garner in his younger days.
  • I don't like needy men. I am not the kind of girl who has to talk to her boyfriend 10 times a day. Its a huge turnoff if he keeps calling and calling and texting and calling.  DUDE!!!
  • More nicknames: Monti, Nemus, Moni, Mo-Money, and Baby Girl
  • "I Need You to Love Me" by BarlowGirl makes me cry every time I hear it.
  • I have been a waitress, dish washer, van driver, C.N.A., telemarketer, substitute teacher, receptionist, housekeeper, teacher's aide, cashier, and a nanny.
  • My favorite restaurants are: Leatherby's, Thai-foon, Rio Grande 6, and China Garden.
  • I really do wish on shooting stars.  One one wish has come true out of the thousands yet I still have to do it.

  • I love Ghost Hunters and sometimes will dream in thermal imaging after watching it.
  • My favorite play is Phantom of the Opera. I have always had a crush on the Phantom. This has proven to be a bit of a problem in my dating life.  Apparently, I expect men to fall madly in love with me when I start singing.  SO NOT TRUE!
  • I have been to A LOT of concerts.  i can't tell you my favorite one though.  Its a tie between Metallica, Billy Joel,and Aussie Floyd.
  • I have to have my toes painted at all times.

  • I miss my zebra print Snuggie.
  •  I used to think crying was a sign of weakness but then I heard this quote: "There is a sacredness in tears. They are not a mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than 1000 tongues.  They are the messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love."-Washington Irving.
  • Some of my other favorite quotes are: "Cherish your solitude. Take trains by yourself to places you have never been. Sleep out alone under the stars. Learn how to drive a stick shift.Go so far away that you stop being afraid of not coming back. Say no if you don't want to do something, say yes if your instincts are strong, even if everyone around you disagrees. Decide whether you want to be liked or admired.  Decide if fitting in is more important than finding out what you're doing here.  Believe in kissing."  And: "In life sometimes everything falls into place and sometimes everything just falls to pieces. The key is to begin creating with these fallen pieces.  By improvising you'll create something magical that might be the best thing you've ever accomplished." -Tori Amos
  • My favorite poet is Shel Silverstein.
  •  I wish I could sing like Janis Joplin or Pink.

  • I once forgot what my knees were for.  In the last while I have certainly remembered. Once you've been someplace you never wanted to go, the thought of the journey back to who you want to be is scary but enchanting.  Nerve racking but refreshing. I have walked on my knees to get back.
  • I can look at an Atlas for hours.
  • Even when I am angry I still smile and laugh so nobody knows.
  • One of my favorite places I've slept is in the back of a truck in the middle of Wyoming during the full moon.
  • Everytime I watch "Life is Beautiful" I cry.

     
    There you have it.  Part 2.  I'm surprised you've made it this far!!

    8 comments:

    1. I had no idea Aunt Diane was so gray. She's awesome. I hate taco bell now. It's not the same without green sauce, and I'm mad at them. I have to tell you my quote I came up with. It's basically what I learned from our time in Indiana. "Life is not about having the best of everything. It's about making the best of everything." You like?

      ReplyDelete
    2. You crack me up everytime I read your stuff!! More glimpses please!! I love your play list! It reminds me of Rock Band until 1 AM!! You are my favorite sis in law named Mo!! Smooches!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Steph Lynn,You're my favorite sister in law PERIOD!!! I'm glad you like it. There isn't anything to do here but walk and soul search when I"m not working. Stef Gaile, I like. That is a great quote!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Can you do a Part 3 please? I love me a glimpse into the mind of Mo. I might just copy you...if I'm brave enough! No one wants to know what's going on upstairs here. Love ya!

      ReplyDelete
    5. I think everyone should do it and Rach, I know your mind is just as twisted as mine so i think you need to do it!!! Its so fun too!!

      ReplyDelete
    6. i love reading your funny stuff! i just am a "lurker" on your blog. i barely have any time so I read it super fast and then don't leave comments! how lame is that? the guilt was too much so I had to comment this time! LOL. My hubby was a fan of the green sauce at TB, and he loves Fire sauce. I hate it. My new fav at TB is the chalupa supreme. MMM.

      ReplyDelete
    7. My new favorite at taco bell is the chicken burrito supreme with avacado ranch sauce. And just as a side note- come visit me because the taco bell by my house still has green sauce. BONUS!!

      ReplyDelete