Monday, July 26, 2010

A little Glimpse.

So I have been thinking lately that I am a sheep, by which I mean I tend to conform and follow (I think)so I have been trying to come up with a few things about myself that differ from other people. Some of these things may be the same and some may not be the same as everyone else but these are all things that make me me!!!
  • I love collecting recipes but I don't cook.  I try to avoid it at all cost because I fear I will make somebody deathly ill.  Nobody likes bacteria.

  • I love my little car GG. I'll probably cry the day I can't drive her anymore.
  • I am waaaaaaay to chicken to tell somebody how I really feel about them.  That took a lot of guts to post that on here.  Are kudos in store for me?
  • I love taking pictures.  When I don't have my camera with me but see something I want to take a picture of I hold my fingers up to my face and pretend to take a picture...I even say click.
  • I LOVE book stores. I love the look of books, and the smell and feel of books.  I just love books.
  • My dream is to be a helicopter pilot and everyday after work I'll fly home to my houseboat.
  • I frequently dream that I am a mermaid.
  • I speed up to people who have DVDs on in their car so I can guess which movie they are watching.
  • I don't mind if the toilet seat is warm...at least it isn't cold.
  • I'm a little obsessed with Star Wars.  I still want to live in the Ewok village.  This is my dad's, brother's, and uncle's faults.
  • I want to live in Italy where everyone speaks broken English and Italian men whisper sweet nothings into my ear.


  • On my mission, my companion and I went from bar to bar at 11:30 at night looking for a guy we were teaching to make sure he kept his promise that he wouldn't drink. We were breaking a lot of rules but I thought it was totally ok and he wasn't drinking!!!
  • Played basketball for most of my life and hated it.  I wanted to play softball and volleyball instead but I didn't want to let anyone down so I sucked it up and dealt with it.
  • I LOVE fountains.  I want to go to Rome for this reason!

  • Christmas present shopping is my favorite!  All year long I take little notes on what people want so I can get their presents just right.
  • I don't shave my legs everyday...or every other day...I shouldn't say how long I really do go.
  • If I'm not making fun of you then I probably don't like you.
  • I think teachers should make the same amount of money Lawyers do, and visa versa.
  • I think the best way to listen to music is LIVE

  • I would like my life to have theme music.
  • I can wiggle my ears...without touching them.
  • When I'm trying to fall asleep I have to wiggle my foot.  I'll finally fall asleep and of course my foot with stop wiggling and I'll wake up and start the process all over again.  I know its jacked up.
  • My brother named me when I was born.  He named me after a girl he had a crush on. He was in second grade.
  • I really really want a calculator watch just to be cool.
  • If music isn't playing I feel uncomfortable.
  • My best friend Heather threw a knife at me when we were five because she was mad at our other best friend Courtney.  I still have the scar.
  • I eat grilled cheese sandwiches with ketchup.
  • I ripped a hole in my pants playing Rock Band
  • I accidentally killed the family pet, our parakeet Happy.
  • I;m deathly afraid of earthquakes and yet I'm living in California???
  • I have to sleep with my windows open or a fan going because I hate "Stale Air".
  • I love black and white movies.
  • I often think I was born in the wrong era due to my love of Jazz, Blues, Classic Rock, and black and white movies.
  • I don't have a sweet tooth but I am addicted to Flaming Hot Cheetohs with Limon.
  • My favorite holidays are the 4th of July and Halloween.
  • Some of my favorite movies are: Some Like it Hot, Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, Madagascar 2, Life is Beautiful, Under the Tuscan Sun, Practical Magic, Roman Holiday, and Sense and Sensibility.
  • My favorite book is "Are You There God? Its me Margaret."

  • I was made fun of a lot up until the 8th grade because of my height.  It really messed with me for a long time. Then the time came and I figured there wasn't a whole lot I could do about it so I didn't let it bother me.  That was a HUGE turning point for me!
  • My favorite noises are: The waves hitting the bottom of the boat while lying inside, the noise tires make on wet roads, the windchimes in my parent's backyard, and of course waves hitting the shoreline. (Cheesy I know)
  • I have had blue hair, orange hair, red hair, black hair, green hair, purple hair, and hot pink hair.
  • There is a book on every surface in my bedroom.
  • My goldfish's name is Lieutenant Shiny Sides
  • My Nicknames: Mo, Moey, Moses, Nemo, Mocus Melodious, Mo-ness, Mon, Mozambique, Mokinowa, Mockina. I've conviced kids at work that my real name is Mozambique.
  • I'm the second tallest (soon to be the first) person in all the Harper Family (almost 100 people).  First up is my dad...He's old so he'll be shrinking soon.
  • I collected Treasure Troll Teenies when I was little.

  • My uncle calls me "A veritable cornucopia of useless information, facts, and trivia." I'm not sure how I feel about that quite yet.
  • I love jewelry but I seldom wear more than my thumb ring and toe ring.
  • I want a library and a wrap around porch in/on my house when I grow up.
  • Even though I hate crying, I often cry at movies.
  • I want to learn how to pray in different languages.
  • My favorite places: China Town, Seal Rock, the cliffs behind my parent's house, the back deck of the houseboat at Lake Powell, and the Redwoods.

  • I love Latin music and dancing. 
  • I have a special book that I write lyrics in and ideas for songs...No one will ever read this book but me.
  • I think I was Latino in a passed life, and Italian before that...and Polynesian before that.
There you have it.  Maybe more than you want but now you know a little more about me.

7 comments:

  1. The waves on the boat are quite possibly THE most calming sound on the whole dam planet!!! Your welcome for my influence on at least some of those traits. The book thing, definitely not me! And I should have never confessed the origin of your name! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, you are very influencial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mo...I think you are one of the coolest people I know, and I don't think you are a follower. Not one bit. And, you make me laugh. I love to laugh...so, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can we watch old movies together? I miss you

    ReplyDelete
  5. "There's more to you than just this obsession...I hope you know that." You forgot Nemus...it's one of my favorites! You couldn't be a follower if you tried. It's not in your genes. I miss you and it was fun to talk to you last night. I wish like crazy that I was super cool like you, and that I had more depth to me...again like you. You are extremely unique and you have always marched to the beat of your own drum. I don't even have a drum - I have to envy yours. Loves!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did forget Nemus. That is a good one. I didn't mean for this post to be a cry for attention I promise I was just brain searching what is actually different about me and these are the things I came up with. you guys should do it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!!! Seriously you rock and I hope you make it out to Hawaii to visit me.

    ReplyDelete